Wednesday, August 31, 2005

first impressions

Amsterdam is a beautiful city! I love the narrow brick streets and old buildings. It is so full of history! Today Tina and I went exploring together. We grabbed our maps and hit the streets on foot (we have not yet received our bicycles). We found the Shelter Jordan, where we will be working, and then walked past the Anne Frank House. There are lots of cute shops in this area that would be fun to explore sometime. I'm starting my first official shift tonight, which is an unusual shift to start with, but I wasn't scheduled to start until tomorrow and they needed an "attender". So basically what I think I have to do is meet with the person who is giving the Bible study (in this case, Harmen) and find out what the topic is, then we pray together and go to the Bible study. As he leads it I will ask questions and initiate conversation with the guests. At least, I think that's what I will be doing, haha. Well, it is a gorgeous day so I think I will meander out to the patio for a while and enjoy the sunshine.

No comments: