Friday, May 04, 2007

squirrels

Yesterday it snowed.

There is a family of squirrels living in a tree on my front lawn, and the two little babies were shivering at the bottom of the tree, unable to climb up, and they looked like drowned rats (which I know is appropriate since they are members of the rodent family). They looked so sad, we just wanted to help them warm up...with blow dryers or something. Don't worry, we didn't do that (electric hair drying in rainy snow weather isn't the most brilliant of plans) and eventually they were able to climb the tree to their parents.
Not before hissing and eventally scratching Nicole.

Wet squirrels are not very soft. Or friendly. Mostly just scared and cold and miserable. In case you ever wanted to know.

1 comment:

Dave Stoffer said...

can you please take a picture of a baby squirrel, because I have never seen one before.

I'm glad you posted this, because I was just talking about baby squirrels, and how illusive they are.