Friday, June 09, 2006

Barry's farewell letter

as translated by Matthieu:

To the Shelter team,

I leave this hostel and its really kind staff members with joy because of the sympathy they showed me, of all the presents and especially the positive words and prayers. All these things can only bring me to a really deep joy. In the other side, I am also sad because I would like to stay longer with you. It was a great pleasure for me to work among you during these 31 days.

I leave this place with only one regret: that I couldn't communicate with peoples as I wished because of the language problem.

The experience I have acquired is bigger than the service (work) I have done. My knowledge of the Bible had also become huge in comparing to how it was before I came here. This helps me to the Christianity differently.

I will remember the word "thank you" which was always said to me before or after my work when I only do what I have to do.

I can't leave you without asking forgiveness to everyone which I may hurt and says that it wasn't by purpose that I did it.

I say to you a big "THANK YOU" for everything you have done and have been for me and the others during my stay here. I encourage you to keep on going and do more and more.

May God bless you, Amen

Barry

No comments: