Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Holy Love

Many waters cannot quench your love
Rivers cannot overwhelm it
Oceans of fear cannot conceal your love for me
Your love for me

Holy love, flow in me, fill me up like the deepest sea
Like a crashing wave pouring over me
Holy love, flow in me

Many sorrows cannot quench your love
Darkness cannot overwhelm it
I will not fear, your love is here to comfort me
You comfort me

When I find you I find healing
When I find you I find peace
And I know that there's no river so wide
No mountain so high, no ocean so deep
That you can't part the sea

~Andy Park

Wow. I was reminded tonight of how much this song has meant to me in the past and how powerful it still is to me today.

This counselling program is ridiculous...in a good way. We are being so incredibly challenged daily to grow in every aspect of our lives.
I have so many struggles and it is impossible to run away from them anymore.
And it's good.
And I love it.
And I hate it.
It is so exhausting!
I'm learning to be more emotional...but I can't take the time to feel when I have homework up the wazoo.
So this is a big struggle for me right now...dealing with my academic life as well as the rest of me and finding the balance. Because with my counselling homework I can do them both because I need to talk about what's going on in me. But with my Bible classes I need to be more academic (more for NT than for OT) and I am so broken emotionally that I'm too exhausted to do school work. And this is a bad situation.
So please pray for me that I have strength to do it all. It's hard when I have to say "Sorry God, I can't sit and meditate right now. I can't just be. I know we were just getting somewhere, but Paul Spilsbury isn't going to accept that as an excuse for me not having his homework done."
And I know that God will provide time for me to get everything done...but still. It is difficult. And really hard to switch modes. I used to be able to do it no problem, but this stinkin' emotional stuff keeps getting in the way, haha.
Ok, that's my little rant, I'm going to finish a bit more work and get to bed.

1 comment:

Dan Nel said...

I pray for you...
thanks for being an encouragement to me Meghan.

His,
-Dan