Thursday, June 14, 2007

mental breakdown

So remember that post not so long ago about me having a mental breakdown? Yeah, unfortunately I wasn't exaggerating.
This morning on the c-train (which was incredibly late and slow and took an extra 20 minutes and kept stopping) I had a bit of a panic attack, which is strange, because that has never happened to me before. I was crammed in there, surrounded by people, with very little air and I started to hyperventilate. So I intentially slowed down my breathing and tried to get some air, but really, when the train wasn't moving there was no air movement. My legs felt like they were going to buckle beneath me and I would faint, and one of my hands went completely numb. I thought I was going to throw up on everyone, which would have been SO awkward. Fortunately I made it until the train finally stopped and I escaped and threw up into a garbage can. So gross.
So yeah, I was a bit shaken and extremely pale when I made it to class, but fortunately I feel much better now. It just took some time.
Still...weird that I had a panic attack like that. Thankfully after tomorrow my stress level will be seriously decreased and I will be refreshed to face life again.

1 comment:

Nynke said...

It's crazy what stress can do to your body. I think I only had a panic attack once in my life.
And my sister often gets sick when she's under a lot of stress.
Hope that you're feeling better now.
Love, Nynke