Friday, December 07, 2007

.transit talk.

This morning as I was waiting for my bus, Jeremiah joined me and we chatted until the bus came.
Then I got on the bus, and my "bus buddy" was there. She is from New Brunswick and we met one day while waiting for a bus from Dalhousie. She works at the Calgary Tower, and we've bumped into each other 3 or 4 times now and always just chat about our lives and stuff. So that was kind of fun to "catch up" with her again.
Then when we were on the train fox tail guy totally made my day! He got on at a station and then leapt toward the door to open it again, stood in it for a second and then backed up. He totally opened it to make sure that some people were able to make it on the train. First of all this made me happy because everyone's always so closed off in their own little worlds and personal bubbles on transit that I was amazed that he noticed their need to get on the train. Secondly, they were homeless-looking people, and one of them was in a wheelchair. I loved that he extended this courtesy to these men.
On the way home today there was hardly anyone on the train, so I decided to take a little nap. In between University and Brentwood station a man appeared, sitting across from me, and said "Are you having a good day?" which startled me awake and I said "Yes" and then he asked "Have you missed your stop?" and I smiled and said "No" and then he disappeared again. Nice of him to check on me, I guess. Anyways, by the time I made it to Dalhousie, I was the only person on my entire train car. Weird.

No comments: