Friday, July 14, 2006

I'm home...and it's my birthday!

So I'm back in the motherland after only very few hassles at the airport.
I got to visit my grandma and aunt in Toronto already...I had such a lovely time with them. My grandma was really with it...and she is seeing a lot better (she recently had eye surgery). She could tell that my dad had fallen asleep in the chair, but normally she doesn't notice. haha. And she could see a picture on the wall and tell that it was a winter scene. Also she commented multiple times on my great smile and nice figure, haha. We had a nice chat, and I gave her some stroop wafel which she enjoyed. And I got my graduation/birthday/christmas presents from her, and one of them was a Bible and she'd given me a verse, so I read it to her. It was Number 6: 24-26. So that was really special. I think she looked better and sounded better than the last time I saw her, so it was really nice.
Now I am home and it's 8am and I'm wide awake. Even though I really haven't slept very long in the past couple days. But hey, I'd rather be awake than asleep cuz there's too much to do. I already ate one of my birthday presents...GOLDEN GRAHAMS!!! Don't worry, I only had one bowl, not the whole box, haha.
Oh, I'm about to put pictures of my beautiful toastie machine here so check it out if you didn't get to see it in the Netherlands...or if you want to lust over it in jealousy...haha. The guy at customs who was going through my bags was like, "Is this a blender?" and I said, "No, it's a toaster" and he just gave up looking through my stuff and let me go. Kinda funny.
Ok, I'm done with sitting in front of a computer for now...I have to enjoy being back and celebrating my birthday! I get to see my sister today!

3 comments:

Tina said...

Meghan, tomorrow i will get a new canadian roomie. i love canadians! hanna's sister came actually as a guest and now she's staying a sa staff member. haven't really talked to her but she seems to be pretty cool. hope you are doind well.

Dave Stoffer said...

welcome home meggers. Also happy birthday and I hope that you are having a great time back in good ol canadia.

Capturing each moment... said...

Hey GIRL!!!!!

You are amazing!! I'm so excited that you are in the same country as me, and by sept. we will be in the same province, only 1.5 hours away. wow, i can't believe i havn't seen you in 2 years almost. We will have so much fun, i'll come up for a couple weekends or something girl talk about wedding stuff :)

Love you!!

Melissa