Thursday, January 25, 2007

i love friends

I was talking with Rala earlier today, which was so nice to catch up with her again, and she commented that sometimes it seems that the closer you get to making a life decision the more you realize you're back with as big a decision as you started off with. Like you keep making decisions, thinking you're getting closer to some end goal only to see the goal broaden and open up with endless possibilities.
I guess sometimes that's a freeing thought, but sometimes it can be overwhelming also. For me, I will rest in the hands of my Father. Because I just don't know, and, praise God, he does.

I also got to talk to Tina today. I miss her so much. I wish we could still have our late night talks when we shared our hearts with each other, through much laughter and also tears. I miss our room, and each of us on our bunks trying to make eye contact in the mirror as we chatted because it was too hard for the person on top to be upsidedown for that long. And I miss our loft and our roof (which sadly everyone has to miss now, even the people who live there) and being up high in the fresh air looking over the city and yet still a part of it.
And so, in memory of Rala, Tina, myself, and our roof in the beautiful city of Amsterdam, here is a (not very good) picture of us having "church" together with tea and Tina's guitar one Sunday morning in September.

2 comments:

Nynke said...

Aww, so nice!
You can still tell who's who in the picture, even without the faces :)
Willemsstraat rules!

Tina said...

Meghan, i miss you so much. i just read the post you wrote a while ago. i miss talking to you...doing some crazy stuff...we gonna see aech other again for sure!!!
las vegas is crazy. i feel kind off lost among all the americans. well, i enjoy being with maurice.

how are you? and how is school?