Thursday, January 15, 2009

.death of a computer.

I know that January is supposed to be the month of new beginnings, but for me it is also a month of endings. One in particular. The loss of my computer. Yes, my computer is dead and none of my files have chosen to be resurrected by miracle man, so once I save up some money I'll pay an expert to retrieve them. So hopefully all will not be lost. It's not the happiest feeling for all of your files, all of the papers and projects you've ever written, all of your music, all of your photos, all of your videos are irretrievable. Jutta asked me if I wanted to slit my wrists, haha. I'm actually trying to remain quite calm about it and not panic...I am sure that someday I'll get my stuff back. Thankfully nothing is urgent that I desperately need right away. Good thing I'm done school!

1 comment:

Acemace said...

I'm sorry to hear that. When I was home for Christmas/New Year's I had a little freak out moment when my computer wouldn't even turn on. I was on the internet earlier and internet pages just started popping up and opening time and time again, faster than I oould close them. So I turned my computer by holding the power button, but after that I couldn't get it to start. Eventually after a little tweaking with the power cord, it booted up again.

However, I did try to remain calm too, I didn't just start freaking out and bang my computer against the nearest thing that was hard. I was reminded of the dozens of times that Norton systems has been bugging me to back up files, but I always cancel it since I don't have many blank CD's. Maybe I should just do that in case, hmm.