Tuesday, October 11, 2005

lovely day

I did not wake up because of the phone this morning! but that could be because I slept on the roof *shh* and that was so great! The sky was cloudless...lots of stars last night and so blue this morning! There were streaky clouds (from airplanes) all over the sky so I took pictures. but the camera could only take in such a small piece of the sky not the whole thing that it was still beautiful but not nearly as nice as the full effect. There's a sermon in there somewhere.
Today I went to the Bible Museum with Katya and Ryan...it was interesting. Parts of it were really cool, parts were a little creepy...the basement was sweet, haha. I killed Goliath with David's slingshot...kinda...haha. Oh man, on our way back the sky was filled with black smoke so we followed it and saw a house on fire :( that's really unfortunate. and causes me to yet again praise God that the fire in our hostel was put out before anything else caught fire!! We also stopped by a Christian bookstore because Ryan had promised the cleaners copies of "My Utmost for His Highest" by Oswald Chambers. So I picked up a bunch of Dutch postcards to send to everyone...only to discover (after I got back) that they say things like "get well soon" and "heartfelt congratulations" and "dear God do you think he's lonely?"and "dear God, I gave my heart away, can You fill it?" so oops! haha, it's funny tho.
I think we're going to go to Harald's tonight for pie. that sounds lovely.

4 comments:

oh my everything!!! said...

hey...keep me accountable...i'm not going to check on 'jc' until november. thanks dear friend!

Kellen said...

that's awesome that you slept on the roof! ah yes...i feel a sermon coming on as well! right on....

Kellen said...

ps....i might steal that illustration sometime....i'll give you credit though, not to worry

Anonymous said...

Hey sweat pea,
I was talking with some family friends about the trip I was discussing with you, and they volunteered to make a good contribution to my airfare, they think it is really important that I go, so who knows :) They also gave me some Idea's for how to deal with those who are less enthusiastic... (you know who). Anyways, it's looking a bit better, and I will keep you posted. LOVE YOU!