Tuesday, November 01, 2005

snapshots

The other day Rala and I were walking to the Jordan and on our way we passed a little boy in the doorway shouting "Hallo!" at everyone walking by. His father was lying down behind him to make sure he didn't run away, but was clearly enjoying the pleasure it brought his son to greet passersby. I think that's like God...He's right there watching out for us, and enjoying our joy at the same time. It's a beautiful thing...I don't know if my words are making sense, but it's such a beautiful picture in my mind.

Yesterday Shanka (my twin) and I went out for Chinese...and it was delicious and I ate with chopsticks...but the way too efficient waitress took them away from me! I was going to keep them (and they were nice ones, not your typical wooden break apart restaurant ones) and so I am disappointed, but Neal says I can use his whenever, so it's all good. You can't eat oriental food without chopsticks...it just doesn't feel right.

I wish you could experience the smells and tastes and sights here...mmm, so delicious! perhaps they are not always positive, but it's such a full sensory experience. I love it! with that being said...come visit!!

No comments: