Tuesday, November 22, 2005

training

so currently I am being trained as a receptionist by Rala. it's been fun. I (we) booked three people for 6 nights and had to rearrange dorms and all that fun stuff that I see receptionists doing all the time but have never done myself. It's like a puzzle game...and we solved it. woohoo!
Yesterday was a fun day...I was making meatballs, and so I was chopping onions and Jimmy sneaked in and scared me and I told him to never shock me again when I had a knife in hand. Yeah, so anyways, we had a cool conversation about how God has been blessing him. He has a job, within his trade, is going to make an excellent wage, has an apartment, is going to celebrate Christmas for the first time in 6 years (he'll have a Christmas tree), and apparently he's going to give up alcohol (but not pot) because it is destroying him (and he's been smoking pot since he was 15 and it's never done him any harm). So there is much to praise God for! amen! Let's pray that he really does give up alcohol because it's a very unhealthy addiction, and he's tried to give it up many times before...yeah
Oh! funny story (I thought at least). Yesterday I tied the top half of my hair back cuz it was falling in my face and I was cooking. Panos looked at me and said, "You should wear those glasses everyday." and I said, "I do wear them everyday." and he didn't believe me and I tried to convince him that I've worn them every day except maybe one that he's seen me and he probably just noticed that my hair was different. He adamantly disagreed with me, and continued to say I look really nice in these glasses and I should continue to wear them, and he notices what girls look like and he knows for sure that it's the glasses that are different. So I asked Martin if he remembered if I wore these glasses often or not and he couldn't recall, and Panos said that's cuz he has a girlfriend so he doesn't look at girls, and then a little while later Panos admitted to me, "you're right. You do always wear glasses during those Bible Discussions every morning." haha. ok, maybe it's not that funny, but it was at the time.
Last night Susana, Rala, Ryan and I watched 7 Felicity episodes...Ryan is so hooked! I think we've created a monster. It was hilarious to watch with him, though. He even teared up in parts (when none of us girls did). Wow. Neal is seriously questioning Ryan's manhood. Also, after we stopped watching them he had his arms full with his computer and speakers so I offered to open the door for him. He said "Oh, this is my room right here!" and so I opened the door...to Zac and Courtenay's room. haha. except then I let it shut and forgot that he'd have to come back out and wouldn't be able to open it, but when he finally did come out the three of us girls were in the hall incapacitated by laughter.
Well, my shift is over and I'm going to eat and then go to a Ballet! with Rala, Nynke, and Rose. good times. I'm excited.

No comments: