Thursday, December 15, 2005

It's officially Christmas soon!

So a while ago we discussed that it wouldn't really feel like Christmas time until we heard the song that goes, "Last Christmas I gave you my heart and the very next day you gave it away..." and today after my shower I turned on the radio to a non-Christmas station and that song was playing! 10 more days...wow!
I did a little Christmas shopping today...but discovered that the gift I'd picked out for my sister was a different colour than the one I had pointed to, but I was not paying attention to what they actually put in the bag so they gave me the wrong one...I'm going to see if they let you exhange items at a market...otherwise...sorry Meil!
I'm at my first evening reception shift. Peet wants me to play the top part of "heart and soul" on the piano with him and I'm working really hard (aka blogging, haha) instead. Mean, perhaps, but the bass part doesn't even really sound like it's supposed to and I don't feel like encouraging this noise and making the others in the cafe suffer more than they already are...
Already in this shift the stupid computer in the cafe has stopped working and previously a guest yelled at me for not giving her adequate warning of her time being up (which is counted down on her computer screen) and losing her email. Perhaps it would be helpful if we put a sign there.
Well, it's still early and I'm feeling slightly drowsy...probably from just sitting here after walking and cycling all afternoon...oh yeah! I had the sweetest sandwich this evening at Dwaze Zaken...so lekker. and it was huge too! I was so proud of myself for finishing it (Tina was proud too) and then I ate a few of her tortillas. and now that I'm talking about food again...maybe I'll eat the cookie from Guido.

1 comment:

oh my everything!!! said...

gotta love the cookies from guido.

gotta love you too!

leticia says 'hi'