Friday, September 02, 2005

and the tales continue..

Where to begin? I feel as though so much has happened already, haha.
Last night there were four guests who came to the Bible discussion and it went so well...I think each of us came away with a new nugget of truth. I love listening to others' perspectives of passages and having mutual enlightenment. very enriching. After the Bible discussion I started playing a game of chess with Harmen which was never finished, but I'm sure I would have lost (if Nathalie had not given me advice I would have been long gone...). Nathalie is from France and she is in Amsterdam for a year going to university. She gets her housing tomorrow so she will be leaving us, but will come back to visit because she will miss the bible discussions. She, Phil, and I went for a lovely walk. Phil is from Sydney Australia, and he also attended the bible discussion. He is quite the gentleman; I wish males at home were like him, haha. I think he leaves tomorrow, but he did come to bible discussion again tonight, so that was cool.
This morning I made pancakes and my small group went to the park for a picnic and bible study. We had a wonderful time because the weather was so lovely, but it started getting cloudy and cool as we were leaving. Then I spent the afternoon in the cafe where Daniela showed me the ropes. She says that I will be a very good worker in the cafe because I clean up after I do anything, haha. that is a lovely compliment though. After a long and busy afternoon (I have no idea how I will manage that shift alone after I have been trained!) I grabbed a bite to eat and then attended the Bible discussion, this time led by Rala. There were a lot of people there! We had a good discussion and everyone spoke up. It is so interesting to hear people's thoughts.
After that Nathalie and I played a game (which I lost) and we met a girl from Ethiopia named Eden (pronounced Aiden). We started to put a puzzle together, but we all got frustrated after a while and decided to call it quits. So now, here I am. I am about to go to a tea party with Rala and Leticia. They are putting up arrows for me to find them, so I have to wait a few minutes.
Prayer request for tomorrow morning: Tina, Dave, and I are working morning cafe...Tina has done it once (this morning), I have only done afternoon cafe once, and Dave has never done either because he arrived today. So tomorrow morning should prove to be interesting as Tina has to somehow train Dave and me, although hopefully I can do some things already. Still, it will be quite the adventure!
Oh, my next post will contain my mailing address and phone number and all that sort of information. And PS to Melissa: I was so excited to receive a package that arrived before I did! thank you! and yes, it made me laugh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megs,
I'm so glad that you liked your package. :) I was hoping you would have a good sense of humour about it. I miss you, and I am thinking about you a lot.
Love
Melissa