Saturday, September 03, 2005

I am Queen of French Toast!

Haha, I made so much french toast this morning! 3 per guest. and then we had a lot extra for lunch. It was semi-torturous to be making all this food and not eating any, but I made it through. I'll have to do it again tomorrow for breakfast. It did go very well today, albeit busy, because so many people helped out. THANK YOU! I attended the cleaners' Bible discussion today and tomorrow I am leading it! I have just spent some time preparing for it, so pray that it goes well!
Today Tina and I moved to our new room. Hooray! and we also got our bikes!! (Thanks Freek!) and I got in my first bicycle accident, hahaha. Well, the brakes on my bike are poor and there was a car beside me with guys inside trying to talk to me and making kissing faces so as i was manoevring away from them and onto the sidewalk I was also very rapidly approaching the rear wheel of Tina's bike with which I did not want to make contact. So, because my brakes were not slowing me down quickly enough, I steered away from Tina into a metal post (they are all along the sidewalks). No harm was done, except to my knee. Very successful first crash, I'd say, haha. Except those boys wanted to know if I was okay, so I got back on very quickly and rode off.
Tonight we had a postcard making outreach (perhaps you will be getting a lovely homemade postcard in the mail soon? or perhaps not...I only made 3) and so we had a good discussion about creation and creativity and stuff. Quite a few people showed up and seemed to enjoy making postcards. So that was good. Paul and Marko from Hamilton were there, but they left tonight to go back to Poland. It is so interesting to meet people. Nathalie left this evening but made sure to say good bye and we exchanged e-mail addresses. I think next week we might go to church together, so that would be neat.
Well, I am very tired and so I think I will sign off for now, but I did not forget that I need to give you my address, so here it is:

Meghan Thomson
Staff Community House
Willemstraat 33
1015 HW Amsterdam, Holland
The Netherlands

and...my phone number is 020-6260055
I think.

good night! or as I say to Tina, Güten Nocht ( I don't know how you spell that, but I do pronouce it properly! haha, She helps me with my German pronounciation, and I help her with English. Today we learned about when to say "too"and when to say "either" or "neither" and I realized that English can be very confusing!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Miss Queen of French Toast, When would be a good time to call, in terms of what time it is here, and there as well. And do you have to do anything special to call internationally? Love you!
Melissa