Saturday, September 10, 2005

Haartelijke Groeten van Amsterdam!

Tina and I have been working in the kitchen preparing dinner for the last two days with no disasters and much prayer. Also, we teach each other dutch phrases, even though neither of us really know the correct pronounciation. We pretend we do, and help each other out, then try the phrases on Dutch people. so tonight Freek asked me something and I wanted to say "I don't know" because that is one of my two phrases, the other being "I love you" so I thought long and hard before replying and what did I say? "I don't know" and I must say, I was very proud of myself for not saying "I love you" and probably none of you are impressed by that, but oh well.
If there were ever any doubts about my fitting in here (which there weren't) they are now completely erased. Why? you may ask. Well, perhaps it was because this morning the last half of Pride and Prejudice was playing and it was before 10am already. Yup, that'd be why. I am with girls who love my favourite movie.
We had our first staff meeting today...it went well...
I'm trying to think of something eventful to write about...tonight was my small group's outreach, but only Daniela was not working so she had to lead it by herself. It was a walk around the Jordaan district seeing different touristy places and historical places. I was unable to go, but my camera went along so I've got the experience on camera at least. After they came back for cake and hot chocolate and a little Bible discussion which went very well. So praise the Lord for the excellent turnout, even with the rain!
Tomorrow I am being trained for Cleaner Supervisor again and then Sunday I'm on my own, so please pray for me that I remember everything I need to do! Also, Sam is gone so Jimmy is replacing him for now, which is fine, but also sad. I'm glad I don't have to "fire" people yet...

No comments: