Wednesday, January 25, 2006

gevaarlijke fiets

to all who may be concerned
I arrived home safely

I was cycling to home group tonight and at the Tropenmusuem my chain randomly decided to fall off. Ordinarily this isn't such a big deal, but (as previously discovered) there is a metal contraption surrounding the chain making it very difficult to fix. Hopefully Freek wasn't planning on doing anything important tomorrow...
So I walked the rest of the way to home group, which wasn't very far, but I didn't quite know how I was going to get back.
Praise the Lord, Jeroen decided to tow me. I sat on my bike and held onto him as he drove his scooter. It was slightly awkward, but we figured out how to make it work and were very careful. I tested my hand break and it still works (thanks for fixing it Freek).
We were very close to home when a cop pulled up next to us. We weren't sure if she wanted to stop us or not, but we decided it'd be a good idea to stop anyways because she was looking at us. Jeroen was able to convince her that we were being very careful and safe and this was a much better option than me walking home through the city alone at night. Woohoo!
Thanks so much Jeroen!
So, the end of that adventure, I'm going to bed because I have to walk to morning shift tomorrow.

3 comments:

Marco said...

I put this same comment on Sander's blog but I see that it applies here too:

"Bicycles stink!

When you don't have one, you can't do anything...

When you do have one, it's always broken or it's about to break.

Bicycles and hapiness contradict each other"

oh my everything!!! said...

glad you're ok...and that you ended up with a fun memory, too!

Eric said...

Good times... good times... I'm glad to hear that you made it back home safely, and all's well that ends well -- especially when you get a good story out of the deal!