Wednesday, January 04, 2006

highlights and lowlights...not in my hair

moments from the past few days...
high: working with Rala for her last shift
low: being frustrated with no shows
high: meeting the adelei (sp, sorry) family
low: attack of the sore throat...i sound like a mute radio announcer
high: goodbye party...
high: dat is gevaarlijk
low: freezing in the cold (this was potentially a high, as an adventure such as cycling on stars should be, but the whole getting lost thing while the canals have frozen over wasn't so much fun)
low: my alarm not going off yesterday morning and Tina (bless her) waking me up right when I was supposed to get to work. This is the first time I've ever been late for a shift...and hopefully the last. However, Harmen had everything under control so it wasn't too big of a deal.
high: Callum shouting my name repeatedly as soon as he saw me, running to me and latching onto my legs. If you ever want to be cheered up, this little guy is a great remedy.
low: not going out for Turkish pizza
high: going out with Elke (and her treating me!)
high: singing the houseplant song with Magda
high: open mic night...
high: Callum climbing into my lap and snuggling
high: Bob Marley and U2
high: tea party
high: watching videos from the past few months
low: waking up early (but it was worth it)
high: the sweet sunrise!
low: sugary pastry (the healthy juice was lekker though)
high: Ben's camera
high: holding Joa
low: saying goodbye at the airport...but I did run away funny
high: knowing I'll see Rala again
high: bagels and beans with Nynke and Elke
low: saying goodbye to Eva and Elke
high: eating ramen with chopsticks

3 comments:

oh my everything!!! said...

i arrived safely.
weird that i'm here.
i woke up in my loft bed this morning...which was in amsterdam!

missing the shelter life...

but keeping my eyes open for God's surprises of 2006 (and especially for january since that is now)

love you 1/2 megh

Tina said...

Meghan, I think we are going through a couple of things right now. Thank you for staying in Amsterdam for eight more month :) love u.

Anonymous said...

I'm honored to be in your list of highs! :)
Saying goodbye was definetely a downer for me too. But it's good to be with my parents for a few days.
And I just hope to be able to come back to Amsterdam soon!

Veel liefs en zegen!