Tuesday, January 10, 2006

good day

so. I think there was something I was going to say. what was it?
I forgot because I'm talking to Leticia and that is making me happy.
Oh yes, other things that made me happy today...
Got a package from Peter! Very surprised, and the poster looks good on our (Tina's and my) wall.
Also I got my Christmas package from Mel the other day...over halfway through the first book and enjoying it, and everyone's jealous of my way cool socks.
Also today...finally got to hang with Tina! It had been way too long since we'd had a chance to talk. so we hit up Bagels and Beans and then walked for an hour looking for a needle. We finally found on in (get this) a sewing store. Who'da thunk it? And we listened to the first two Corrie Ten Boom cds I got for Christmas except they're both faulty and don't play the last 10 minutes or so, which is awkward when they're in a concentration camp and you're on the edge of your seat waiting to find out if they'll be ok or who will die next or whatever and then the cd just stops producing noise. Well, good noise at least. so yeah, jammer. But it's interesting to listen to it with Tina...I think it would be hard to hear stuff like that knowing that it was my country who was responsible for so much death...but it's not like there's anything that can be done about it now. I love the message of mercy and forgiveness...how they pray for the gestapo and witnessed to them. It's truly beautiful.
Ok well, Neal thinks my posts are lame cuz they aren't like his so I'm gonna stop writing this one now. maybe sometime I'll write an obscure poem or something. but until then, this will have to do...

No comments: