Saturday, January 21, 2006

a lovely springlike day

Today was a nice day. Tina and I went for a walk in Westerpark and we walked along the water and then these people were taking pictures of us and following us with the camera as we walked past. I mean, I play a game where I try to get in as many tourist pictures as possible, but this was a little strange.
Anyways, we were hoping to find horses. Random, perhaps, but that was our goal. And we almost succeeded! We followed our noses and found...ponies! And sheep and goats and cows and rabbits and chickens. It was a petting zoo for kids! So we entered and manoevred around all the little tykes and pet all the animals and probably we had more fun than they did.
When we're finally able to visit Tina's house in Germany we're going to go horsebackriding. I'm so excited!
Then we made pizza and had a wonderfully unhealthy dinner, and Dave's bro John joined us. And then we got into a "discussion" with Ryan. It reminded me of jr high when BethL and I would fight, haha. I hate when you can't debate with people because they are so stuck on the fact that they are right and they don't even listen to what anyone else has to say. I'm not saying that they're always wrong, because often there is a lot of truth in what they have to say, but when I disagree with part of it I am wrong and that's only based on one person's opinion. So opinion is not fact. And on that note, I will continue to listen to music, even if someone else thinks all music except for hymns are of the devil.
In a little while there's going to be another open mic night. I'm glad Marco came back to do it. And hopefully Mark will freestyle and my camera won't die while videotaping. That would be sweet. Maybe Tina John and I will do something? Perhaps the subtitle act will even come for s visit...we're going to add French to the mix some time...
And then Nynke and I are going to find something fun to do, probably before my shift is over because Matthieu is nice and said he'd let me off early! score!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice going Megan!
Your mom gave this address and it's fantatic.
Don ia always after me to check my e for apelling. - so I alwasy do dat just febore I press the right buttons.Have a nice day.
God bless.
Morley

Anonymous said...

Megan, my opinion isn't even that all music other than hymns are from the devil. I am specifically talking about music that is played during the time when the Born-Again gather to worhship God as a Body, that the songs sometimes chosen to be sung tend to be picked more for there "great melodies & harmonies" rather than there content in magnification / and or exaltation towards God.